I'm thinking about putting the date or some journaling underneath the picture of us together, so I will add that pic once I get it done. Thanks so much for stopping by!
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Thanks for stopping by!
Monday, November 16, 2009
This is a gift bag that I made for my cousin Sarah's baby shower. Her baby girl is going to be named Allison and her nursery is decorated in pink and brown with butterflies. I thought I would enter it in a few challenges as well:
- Little Red Wagon (http://lilredwagon.blogspot.com/)- Use Your Scraps- I used some brown scraps I had for the swirls and the brown butterfly.
- Fun With Shapes and More (http://funwithshapesandmore.blogspot.com/) Light- I think of butterflies as light and airy so I think that fits.
- Stampin' Bs Design Team (http://stampinbsdesignteam.blogspot.com/) Anything But A Card- I love decorating gift bags. I think people like personalized gifts.
- One Stop Craft Challenge (http://onestopcraftchallenge.blogspot.com/) Gift Bags
- Gingersnap Creations (http://gingersnapcreations.blogspot.com/) Thankfulness: I am thankful for the new addition to our family!
- Little Paper Shop (http://littlepapershop.blogspot.com/) Die Cuts: I used my Cricut and Cuttlebug for the die-cuts on this bag.
- Whimsy Stamps (http://whimsystamps.blogspot.com/) Not a Card
- Die Cuts R Us (http://www.diecutsrusdesignteam.blogspot.com/) A Girly Project/Emboss
- Pollycraft Challenge (http://pollycraftchallengeblog.blogspot.com/) No Cards Allowed
- Creative Card Crew Challenge (http://creativecardcrew.blogspot.com/) Doodles- I used some metallic glitter pens to create a doodle border around the butterflies
- Design Dollies (http://designdollies.blogspot.com/) Distressed- It doesn't show up that well in my picture, but I inked the edged of the welcome die cut
- Creative Inspirations (http://www.cinspirations.blogspot.com/) New or Neglected- I have so many great glitter pens that I hardly ever use so I used them for the doodles on the butterflies
- Flutterby Wednesday(http://dannisdreamscrafts.blogspot.com/)Thankful- I am so thankful for the new addition to my family and to see all my family at the baby shower!
- Just Buggin' (http://justbugginchallenges.blogspot.com/)Into The Wild- I used the Home Decor cartridge for the butterflies.
- Three Clovers Thursdays (http://threecloversdesigns.blogspot.com/) Birds or Bugs- For my bugs I went with butterflies.
- Cute Card Thursday (http://cutecardthursday.blogspot.com/) Glitter Me Silly- I used metallic glitter pens to doodle around the edges of the butterflies.
- Secret Crafters(http://thesecretcraftersaturdaychallenge.blogspot.com/) Four Seasons- This bag reminds me of spring!
- Allsorts (http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.com/) For A Child
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Saturday, November 7, 2009
- Scrap, Stamp, Doodle: "Anything But A Card" http://ssdschallenge.blogspot.com/
- Crafty Catz: "Dots" There is a polka dot pattern on the inside of the CD envelope and dots on the giraffe http://www.craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.com/
- Kaboodle Doodles: "Fall Splendor"-I used fall colors for this project including shades of orange, yellow, and green. http://kaboodledoodles.blogspot.com/
- Ann's Creative Nook: "Inspiration from Art" I found the cutest little giraffe painting called "Jerry" by Kate Mawdsley which can be found here (http://www.fulcrumgallery.com/Kate-Mawdsley/Jerry_86894.htm) and I have included a picture of it below. I love giraffes and my friend loves zebra print so I decided to use those animals for her gift. http://annscreativenook.blogspot.com/
Above is a picture of me feeding a giraffe at the zoo here in AZ. I really do love giraffes! They are such gentle giants. Thanks so much for stopping by and looking at creation! I always appreciate your feedback and sweet comments!
Monday, November 2, 2009
Hope everyone had a very safe and happy halloween this year! Thanks for stopping by! I will leave you with a pic of me as the wicked witch of the [south]west! If you haven't tried FaceinHole.com it is a very fun way to waste some time! ( :
PS- I am having some difficulty with the links for some reason and so here are the links to the challenges:
Sunday, October 18, 2009
- My Time To Craft- "Quick and Cute" was the challenge this week at My Time To Craft. This card was so quick and simple and I think the big handmade flower gives it that cute touch. The creative team over there are looking to add a few more crafters to the design team. I would be so happy to be a part of their wonderful blog so I put myself into the running! I know I may not have a ton of experience in the card making department but I have always loved creating something from the heart and sharing my creativity with others. There are so many amazingly talented people out there in the blog world so I am really honored just to be able to have someone consider me for their design team! Wayne Gretzky said it best, "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take!" I only wish I had time to make a few more for the DT call- so hopefully they will take a look at some of my previous projects! ( :
- Cuttlebug Spot- The challenge this week was "monochromatic" and I decided to go with all blue with a little silver in the brad and the pen doodling.
- Crafty Creations- This is my second submission to the Crafty Creations site and I definitely think I followed their "Blue" challenge with this one!
Thanks for taking a look! I always love to hear your feedback! ( :
- SPCC- The colors for this challenge were Bermuda bay (which I used for my sky), brocade blue (which I used for my ocean), and whisper white (which I used for my sand dollar and waves)
- Pollycraft- The colors for this challenge were tangerine (which I used for my sun and sunshine rays), turquoise (which I used for the sky), and chocolate (which I used on the guitar and to accent the sandcastle)
- Color Throwdown- The colors for this challenge were baja breeze (which I used for the sky), chocolate (which I used on the guitar and to accent the sandcastle), Sahara sand (which I fittingly used for the sand...lol)
- Crafty Creations- The challenge this week was to use blue. I used shades of blue for the sky and the ocean.
- Stamp Something- The challenge this week was to use some bling. It is difficult to tell in my pictures, but I used a glitter pen to outline the flower in my beach gal's hair and the shells have a subtle shimmer. The sweet stamp is from The Greeting Farm. I would pass out from excitement if I actually won the copic marker prize. I used colored pencils to color my image and I would love to actually get to use copics on my next project! I'm still a newbie so I won't hold my breath lol! ( :
- Our Creative Corner- The colors for this challenge are soft suede(which I used for the sand), sage shadow (which I used for the sky), blush blossom (which I used on the adorable "Hope and Grace-Sing" image from The Greeting Farm), and handsome hunter (didn't use this one... hope that still counts for the challenge!)
- Whimsy Stamps and Everybody Art Challenge- The challenge for both of these sites was to use punches. I used a circle punch for the sun and just cut off the overhanging edges. I used chalk to add a little shading.
Well~ That's a record number of challenges for me! Thanks for checking out my latest creation! As always, I love all the comments!
- My first job at a smoothie shop when I was 15! (Gotta love the decorative edge scissors!)
- My 8th grade graduation: (I loved embossed paper back then too!)
Monday, September 28, 2009
I also got some insiration from the challenge at Scrap, Inspire, Create, although I didn't follow the challenge exactly! I had both a circle and texture theme and I used 3 photos per page, handmade embellishments, silver mesh ribbon, and 2 patterned papers.
Thanks for looking! ( :
Thursday, September 24, 2009
The challenge at Three Clovers is a back to school theme using numbers. This card reminds me of all those high school football games I used to go to with all my friends! Ian has a #10 on his jersey and the #24 is on there too.
365 Cards had an interesting challenge today! The challenge was to grab one challenge from June, one from July, and one from August and combine them to make a card. It was fun going back and looking at all the past challenges they have had! I used the challenges from Aug 29th, July 22nd, and June 19th. On Aug 29th the challenge was to use sports balls on the card. I used a football. On July 22nd the challenge was "you raise me up," which was a challenge about using raised elements. I used the star jewel and the embossing for my raised elements. The June 19th challenge was "say it with stripes." I used the dots stripe on each side of the card and stripes on the football.
The challenge at Crafty Creations Challenges was "windows." The birthday sentiment is cut by the Cricut in a window style.
Charisma Cardz's challenge is "Getting Sporty," which fits perfectly with the overall theme of my card.
THANKS FOR LOOKING! ( : I love all the positive feedback from everyone and any advice too so leave me some love! Thanks again!!
Sunday, August 23, 2009
I even used the embossing folders to dress up the envelopes... I'm not sure if you can mail them like this so best to use that only for hand-delivered cards! ( :